Astute Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

+2
Hollywood
Methos
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's - Page 2 Empty Re: MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Like I said it seems a bit weird imo.
People in the other thread are reporting that consoles can still be found and this announcement comes in when 24h have not even passed in all the markets involved.
My guess is that based on preorders and early sell through numbers they are assuming a virtual sellout of their launch stock (which means that >90% of their shipment has been effectively sold through).
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's - Page 2 Empty Re: MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Whelp, several people just posted a reply all at once to a post saying if MS had shipped a million to US they'd have sold them all, and those replies, all in quick succession and not to just quote the other guy and agree, all said "What would MS do different with more consoles since it hasn't sold out in the US?"

Apparently there are 5-10 units left in many, many stores across NA.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:54 pm

SomnusNemoris wrote:Yeah but you still can't just throw out untrue numbers when you have shareholders and other people to consider.

So are you admitting this 1m could just be educated guesswork on MS' part, with no real concrete numbers yet?
Of course I am not suggesting that , I find that to be extremely unlikely and its also for the very reasons you just stated, illegal to do so
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 pm

SomnusNemoris wrote:Whelp, several people just posted a reply all at once to a post saying if MS had shipped a million to US they'd have sold them all, and those replies, all in quick succession and not to just quote the other guy and agree, all said "What would MS do different with more consoles since it hasn't sold out in the US?"

Apparently there are 5-10 units left in many, many stores across NA.
And there are hundreds of more post at Neogaf stating that they cannot find one at all in their areas. Is it possible some podunk town in the middle of nowhere still has some on selves, sure just as I could probably find a PS4 in one, are the major markets sold out? Yep.
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I've read that entire thread and only one or two have said their stores are fully sold out, but most are claiming not sold out. As I said, a group of people responded in unison to a guy saying they should have shipped 1m to NA and they'd have sold, with the fact that they're available widespread.

That's just GAF. Then two Xbone owners on the Xbone board

"Everyone go to Target.com and search for Xbox Ones available in their area.

Believe me, it's not as big of a success as you think..."
"Yep. In the St.Louis area 11 out of 22 Targets are still selling Ones. As for the PS4 all 22 Targets in the metro area are sold out."
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:25 pm

I can post ones from there stating other wise, and not only that but you have to factor in the ones that are just trolling, plenty stated the same about the PS4 as well and I think we all know that BS. I would be really leery of anyone at launch
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:01 am

I don't think these guys are trolls. We know trolls by now.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:08 am

Yes, because MS knows how much they're selling. If they thought they could get anywhere near the Ps4's million, or above it, they would have waited, wouldn't they? This number is probably based on their shipment, pre-order, and Retailer info. In fact, at this point it'd be more likely that they sold less than they announced if their assumed numbers aren't as big as they predicted (and that, too, is ridiculous to think). They wouldn't announce it otherwise, and there's no point in denying the facts, the PS4 launch was absolutely huge and while the X1 launch would be good any other day, it just doesn't compare.
Last edited by Dragonborn; Today at 05:58 AM.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:26 am

This post destroys the whole thing!

We don't know the full North American sales but we, well Microsoft, has a really really good idea. The vast majority of the day one sales were preorders or people specifically wanting to get the XB1 as soon as possible. These sales have already been accounted for because they have already happened. All online sales have already been shipped and counted, and eager day one buyers don't wait until 9pm en mass to buy. The only sales left are stragglers or impulse buyers who can actually find a console. That is going to be a much much smaller percentage of people in relation to the day's total sales.

My guess is that Microsoft did the projections and knew it couldn't beat the PS4's sales in North America, and probably couldn't even beat the PS4's NA sales with their worldwide numbers either. Knowing this they released the 1 million number as soon as possible to get some positive press from it. It made no sense to wait because they knew they weren't going to be able to hit 1.5 million which be the next logical step to announce.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:50 pm

How are the sales looking now?
Chris
Chris
Peasant

PSN SpaceNinja9
LIVE NOBLE STABBINGS

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:59 pm

^ LOL he got you Methos. I remember this thread. You were adamant sales were going to be equal this gen.

PS4 is now 10m+ ahead after 15 months.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by HeWhoPunchesTigers Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:16 pm

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's - Page 2 Lfwwnh10
HeWhoPunchesTigers
HeWhoPunchesTigers
Peasant

PSN King_Chile
Steam Tojo_Punch

Back to top Go down

Post by DPatel304 Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:52 pm

HeWhoPunchesTigers wrote:MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's - Page 2 Lfwwnh10

This
DPatel304
DPatel304
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum