Astute Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

+2
Hollywood
Methos
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's Empty MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Not going to say I told you so, but yeah I told you so

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/404050270532825088
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's Empty Re: MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

Post by Hollywood Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm skeptical
Hollywood
Hollywood
Viscount

PSN Ahkiva

Back to top Go down

MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's Empty Re: MS just announced they sold One Million Xbox One's

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:44 pm

I see no reason they would lie, or even how they would get away with it if they do. But honestly show of hands, who really didn't think the X1 was gong to do well? We should all know by now that one the Xbox brand is stronger in the US than the PS brand is currently and that two, the casuals just don't give a fuck about 720p vs. 1080p or even listen to the forum stuff like we do.
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

They are now saying they sold over One Million and they are still selling, going to be interesting to see the final tally this weekend
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Worldwide... *snicker snicker*
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Its nothing to Snicker at, they probably sold every unit or damn close to it that they brought to market so market wise they did really well which proves that consumer apathy towards MS is a bit of an myth and that nothing they do will really push consumers away so we are probably going to see another close gen. It will be interesting to see how Sony does in Europe, even more interesting to see the final holiday numbers. Also bare in mind that the day isn't over here yet, so MS could still reach one million here if they haven't already.
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Back to sucking off MS I see. Knew it was only a matter of time. Just hoping and striving to make them appear on form and that everything is okay.

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so.

Sorry, but a mil in 13 countries isn't as impressive as 2. And if MS were on course for 1 mil in their own terf, they'd damn well have kept this announcement schtum so they could double dip and post that they blasted a mil in NA and overall 2 mil worldwide or whatever.

They state worldwide because they know this is as good as it gets I'm afraid.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:03 pm

LOL your trying so hard to spin this as an negative, which is funny after you stated they wouldn't sell at all. I mean you can try all you want, but nothing you state will realistically diminish the fact that MS just proved that the Xbox brand is even more viable than ever. Its got nothing nothing to do with sucking off MS as you do with Sony, its just acknowledgement of reality.

MS simply choose a different strategy than Sony in doing a worldwide launch and as such they had less consoles to move to the US as to where Sony flooded the market here. But the real issue is rather Sony's European launch will be impacted by that strategy, its easy to point fingers at this being WW numbers, but until we actually see Sony's European numbers its a bit of guffaw since for all we know, they could be having for less than one million units even available on European selves.

Last edited by Methos on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Lol you keep forgetting this is worldwide.

If they do a mil in NA alone, I'll concede, though with utter disappointment that gaming will be officially on a downward spiral as the precedent they tried to set apparently means nothing to the apparent fucktard apes that will a make up gaming's populace.

Why you, obviously sit there and enjoy this with a shit eating grin for this cunt of a company, I don't know.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Because stuff like this is what gaming is now about, the drama, the pageantry, the passion. I frankly think its fucking funny as hell that everyone stated MS was done, and then bam, they prove other wise. I mean seriously, as an non-biased gamer, this is funny shit because of all the butthurt going on at the forums now

There is also the fact that I have no issue with MS at all
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm

LOL I've heard enough of this now. MS to win in EU? Now you're just exposing your fantasy. The same as this mythical all DD console we were gonna see or that MS were gonna renounce the DRM as not true at their E3, etc.

And fucking bullshit you're neutral and think it's funny because of the apparent rabbit out of hat act you see this as. You find it funny because you're an MS fanboy plain and simple. You weren't so sanguine about the drama or particularly amused in your responses on CountrrCombo to Killak when MS confirming the DRM and you were livid that they've handed the gen to Sony. Didn't see much LOLs and cockiness then. You're simply a liar and hypocrite. Just admit you want Sony gone as much as I want MS gone, or at least want Sony in a perpetual state of just surviving while MS dominates. Your neutrality act is a fucking joke.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah I know you have no issue with them. You'll keep giving Sony shit for their past errors, but the ones MS made that were far more potentially damaging, hence the need to turn them around immediately after their inception, oh no, they get a pass for that. Fucking pathetic.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:17 pm

SomnusNemoris wrote:LOL I've heard enough of this now. MS to win in EU? Now you're just exposing your fantasy. The same as this mythical all DD console we were gonna see or that MS were gonna renounce the DRM as not true at their E3, etc.

And fucking bullshit you're neutral and think it's funny because of the apparent rabbit out of hat act you see this as. You find it funny because you're an MS fanboy plain and simple. You weren't so sanguine about the drama or particularly amused in your responses on CountrrCombo to Killak when MS confirming the DRM and you were livid that they've handed the gen to Sony. Didn't see much LOLs and cockiness then.  You're simply a liar and hypocrite. Just admit you want Sony gone as much as I want MS gone, or at least want Sony in a perpetual state of just surviving while MS dominates. Your neutrality act is a fucking joke.
I think everyone knows I hate Sony, its not as if I do not broadcast that fact all the time
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Well don't say you're neutral then because it's bullshit. You were in tears when you were stressing that they'd handed the gen to Sony.

Btw, don't think this is conceding anything. I'm gonna laugh my head off next Friday when Sony opens the floodgates to the rest of the world and dominates.

I'm gonna laugh as MS gets shitty multiplat after multiplat all gen.

I'm gonna laugh as Xbox execs pull their hair out over failing to price match Sony all gen while Stephen Elop or someone else dangles a sword of Damocles over their heads.

It's still gonna be an awesome gen of MS failing to win a gen yet again! lmao
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Someone stated it best on Neogaf:

It's really hilarious seeing people hyperventilate trying to explain why this is bad for Microsoft :lol

Oh NeoGAF, never change. Don't you have video games to play?
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Nobody is saying bad, they're just saying nowhere near as good as Sony. There's also a lot of scepticism over the numbers like with Holly.

Even people on the Xbone board are saying this isn't that great LMAO.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 pm

LMFAO and isn't it funny how NeoGAF isn't the flawless gaming elite club any more suddenly, Methos? Hmmm?
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Actually most of Neogaf is saying the same thing I am, they think this is great news for MS
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Not in the main thread of this news. People are reiterating their congrats to MS but stating that it's likely 600-800k in NA.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 pm

I didn't read that, but even it it is 800,000 that is still pretty good and in line with what I and Dpat predicted, anyway of to Play PS4 since you know, I got one and I haven't really touched it in days due to school and its stupid online issues

Last edited by Methos on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:46 pm

This conjecture is stupid anyway since we should all be quiet until next Friday or next weekend.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:54 pm

SomnusNemoris wrote:This conjecture is stupid anyway since we should all be quiet until next Friday or next weekend.
We should all actually be quiet till the 1st of Next Year, since the total Holiday sales are the real indicator
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Lot of good posts like these in that GAF thread:

They can't tell the Euro number for another couple of hours as Zomg pointed out, so this is MS' assumption and an easy way of claiming something you won't get questioned on later.
I mean, why wouldn't MS have just waited a few more hours to get an an actual worldwide stat? If it was already at a mil, why not just wait until the day is over so they could announce even more impressive results such as 1.4m worldwide! Yeah it's not in one region, but 1.4m > 1m still and it would have made MS seem superior in numbers alone because not everyone knows the intricate details of the countries and regions it launched in.
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Methos Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Because the honest truth is that those numbers mean more to us than them, so they just threw out the one million since that is what Sony threw out as a "look us too". I think the biggest thing to remember is that we put for more stock into this stuff than either Sony or MS probably do, because its the bigger long term picture that the are more influenced by. For both MS and Sony the question is how many will they sell this year, but what will the userbase be like at two years, three years, five years, and so forth.
Methos
Methos
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by AstuteClass Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeah but you still can't just throw out untrue numbers when you have shareholders and other people to consider.

So are you admitting this 1m could just be educated guesswork on MS' part, with no real concrete numbers yet?
AstuteClass
AstuteClass
Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum